Minecraft inspires millions to create together, connects people across the globe, and brings together a community that is among the most active and passionate in the world. The Minecraft team is looking for a senior producer to drive the timely delivery of next generation gameplay experiences.
We are looking for a seasoned first party Producer who has worked with teams of artists, designers, and engineers to make high quality games. Primary responsibilities include managing the work of our release engineering team, drive the expansion of automation tests, identify opportunities to automate the release process, and evangelize engineering excellence across the greater Minecraft engineering organization. Key to this role is the ability to inspire and motivate, reduce risk, increase predictability, and manage a project end-to-end. In order to succeed, you will need to continually evolve, document, drive and sometimes create new processes needed to create a high quality AAA game. An attention to detail, being self-motivated, being flexible, and an ability to drive and influence is a must.
• Work at various stages of development to ensure milestones are delivered on time and to the highest possible quality.
• Create and maintain the project schedule; ensure teams are on track with their deliverables.
• Keep the team aware of milestones deliverables and goals through all phases of development.
• Identify risks in advance and drive the team towards successful resolution before the risks turn into fires.
• 5+ years of experience as a Program Manager, Producer or related experience.
• Proven ability to plan, create and maintain a highly effective production schedule for multiple disciplines in all phases of development, from concept to completion.
• Demonstrated ability to drive and influence across teams towards adoption of engineering best practices.
• Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and be a master at conflict resolution.
• Be comfortable creating process. Our processes have to evolve every day. The processes we use need to be light and minimalistic, but effective enough to yield predictable quality results.
• Be results driven.
• Capable of balancing a project’s production requirements within budget and staff limitations while ensuring high production values are never compromised.
• Experience working with Scrum methodology preferred