Cable Technician/ Splicer
The position of Coax Splicer main responsibility is that of day to day interaction with Communication Coax Cable Strand and its connection and repair from one or more lines and or junctions.
In addition this role will need specialty knowledge of testing and tuning equipment, processes and procedures for balancing and tuning as well as the ability to trouble shoot a RF service line and if needed also be able to repair or splice in new line as needed to complete the testing and certification of the project
- Receive drawings and verbal communication and perform all tasks assigned in a timely and professional manner with minimum supervision. Obtain all materials and tools needed for job completion.
- Place and install required coax cable when necessary to complete assignment.
- Install all passive and active devices, pedestals, vaults or Coax splice cases required to house CATV/phone equipment per customer requirements.
- Climb poles, ladders, towers and other structures as needed. Use bucket trucks as needed.
- Train and ensure newer employees are learning and using safe work practices at all times.
- Punctual, regular and consistent attendance with night work availability.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by management
- Coax – RF lines testing for balanced signal between points – continuity and fault
- Troubleshooting and repair of Coax line and line equipment
- Activation of a RF line and signal Practical knowledge of “Stealth Ware” Sweep software
- RF interference detection Final certification of a RF line and correct signal balance Secondary Duties:
- Aerial and underground work as directed and trained
- Coax splicer certified and trained to support field work as directed
- Fiber Splicing as trained and certified as directed
- Read and understand site plans, maps and diagrams needed to support project. Skills/Qualifications:
- Practical knowledge and training on use of Sweep equipment
- Practical knowledge on Microsoft Office products to include: Word, Excel, Outlook, Etc.
- Practical knowledge of Stealth Ware sweeping software
- Lift and carry up to 70 lbs Valid US Drivers license (CDL Preferred)
- Current First Aid and CPR training
- Ability to work varied schedule
- Ability to work in inclement weather
- Current Flagger Certification
- Ability to read and understand maps, drawings and diagrams for project build process.
We provide training, power tools, specialty tools, vehicle, ladders, and safety gear.
Paid Weekly. 14 days from end of work week. Every Friday.
Rates to be discussed at interview and will be based on experience.
Experienced MDU cable techs or cable splicers with proven experience and hand tools
Salary: $800.00 to $1,100.00 /week
Salary: $18.00 to $28.00 /hour