VP Financial Planning & Analysis
Location:BOTHEL - Bothell, WA Company
# of openings:1
With three facilities in the USA and Europe, Our client provides fully integrated biopharmaceutical development and manufacturing solutions to clients globally. The Company has proven expertise in delivering custom solutions for the scale-up and cGMP manufacture of protein-based therapeutics for pre-clinical, clinical, and commercial production.
Our client is experiencing growth in customer base and revenue, expanding personnel and manufacturing capacity as well as distinguishing itself in the market with unique technology offerings for clients. To support this exciting and strategic plan going forward and to ensure quality financial governance, reporting and forecasting, we are seeking to add a business-oriented Senior Financial Analyst. The position is based in Seattle – some travel to Copenhagen will be expected from time to time.
Reporting to the Global CFO, this role partners with senior management and executive team to build a holistic strategic and operational framework to achieve growth and profitability targets. This includes market analysis, business intelligence, forecasting and analytical activities at the global level.
Our client is currently seeking a VP, Financial Planning & Analysis, reporting to our Global Chief Financial Officer. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in corporate and operations finance, as well as mergers & acquisitions. Strong character, the energy and capacity to get the job done and the experience to lead and mentor a growing organization are an integral part of this role. This role requires a strong FP&A leader with a demonstrated track record of piecing together data from a variety of work streams to build a complete picture of where the business is both on a revenue and cost basis, to provide deep insights to enable business decisions. This individual will serve as a key member of the global group corporate finance and planning team and drive all strategic planning, financial planning, business modeling, forecasting and management reporting activities in partnership with the Global CFO.
- Partner with the Global CFO and senior leadership to identify and execute actions that drive profitable growth, gain market share, improve operational efficiencies and increase productivity.
- Own all the business intelligence that corporate and field teams use to gain insight into the operations of the business
- Own and drive monthly financial rhythms with the field and global group corporate.
- Partner with the Leadership Teams and advise on all financial planning and analysis related activities
- Preparation and/or review of consolidated financial statements and management reports on monthly, quarterly and annual basis •
- Manage the Operating Cash Flow (OCF) and Free Cash Flow (FCF) planning teams responsible for overall financial reporting and analysis for the global group corporate
- Oversee all financial global group corporate reporting related to quarter close and annual planning cycles (Budget and Long Range Plan), including income statement, balance sheet, cash flow, and ad hoc supporting schedules
- Execute all planning, budgeting, and pacing cycles for cash flow and capital expenditures
- Partner with SVP and VPs to offer strategic recommendations and support senior management in decision-making
- Oversee modeling for new product / channel / sales motion introduction and be able to quantify business needs and support with justifiable ROI
- Manage all business Investments (people, incentives, OPEX) and corresponding ROI
- Partner with the Global CFO senior leadership to identify and execute actions that drive profitable growth, gain market share, improve operational efficiencies and increase productivity.
- Assist with the monthly financial close.
- Drive delivery of all reporting, including the monthly reporting package, cash forecasting, quarterly business reviews, and ad hoc needs for both management and the senior leadership team.
- Analyze and articulate financial plan variance.
- Prepare proactive reporting and analysis of key performance measurement indicators including all revenue and expense drivers, portfolio mix and economic indices.
- Identify issues and opportunities to improve financial processes and implement recommended solutions.
- Establish and report on key operational, financial and sales metrics.
- Lead FP&A across the organization, partnering with leadership to develop and implement strategic business plans and operating initiatives
- Lead management reporting, including KPI’s, dashboards, business trends and performance vs plan.
- Own investor due diligence and board packages
- Lead implementation of corporate performance management /BI system and management of associated reporting and processes.
- Create analyses, commentary and presentation materials for Board meetings.
- Deliver monthly performance analyses and quarterly rolling forecast.
- Maintain the three-year strategic financial plan and business model.
- Provide M&A due diligence support; develop financial models for strategic initiatives
- Provide financial modeling and analysis for various ad-hoc financial projects
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field; MBA/CPA preferred.
General experience and skills
- 15+ years professional work experience in financial analyst/manager roles
- Proven collaborator with the ability to work with all levels and functions within the worldwide and field teams. Positive, creative, can-do attitude.
- Excellent Communicator. You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it. You know how to have real business conversations with senior management.
- Passion for Great Work. You have strong attention to detail. A dedication and passion for customer / partner support, building positive relationships & credibility
- Demonstrated expertise in financial modeling and analysis.
- Go Getter. Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic. You are self-directed, resourceful and willing to roll-up your sleeves as needed. Proven ability to drive projects and analysis to closure in a collaborative and matrixed environment
- Management: People management experience with a proven track record and strong feedback from team
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required
Our client values its employees, and this is reflected in the compensation and benefits packages we offer.
These packages include:
- Competitive base pay
- An annual bonus program based on company and individual performance
- Comprehensive benefits, including generous paid time off
- A dynamic and challenging work environment
- Opportunities for career development and advancement
Benefit Programs for U.S. Employees
We also offer a wide range of programs to help employees stay healthy, be financially secure, take a break from work, enhance career development, and have fun at work. A comprehensive benefits package is offered to regular full-time and part-time employees (working 24 or more hours per week) and, in some cases, their dependents.