Senior Project Manager
# of openings:2
Leads the orderly progression of projects from the proposal stage through project completion by interacting with the client, technical team and business development team. This role provides program direction and manages timelines and project controls across internal functional and organizational lines as well as with external clients.
- Provide necessary program direction for planning, organizing, developing and integrating projects across multiple functional areas.
- Closely monitor/control project progression to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Reports project progress to all key stakeholders.
- Supports the technical team to investigate any project challenges by necessary risk assessment tools & techniques, then implements corrective measures.
- Serves as liaison with client contacts, manages day-to-day communications and organizes project team meetings.
- Represents company in project meetings, prepares meeting agenda and minutes, and follows up on action items.
- Evaluates and assesses project results and provides recommendations for future improvements.
- Prepare Project Change Orders with inputs from key stakeholders
- Effectively build project teams.
- Cultivate effective communication, cooperation and trust with client.
Technical Skills / Knowledge:
- Candidate should possess strong and effective project management, problem solving and interpersonal skills and have a proven track record working cross-functionally across a wide variety of technical, business and operational areas.
- Demonstrates good understanding of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant pharmaceutical or biotech industry experience in CMC process development and/or GMP manufacturing.
- Experience in a Contract Research Organization (CRO) or Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO) is preferred, but not required.
Must be a self-starter, self-motivated, organized and detailed-oriented.
Proven experience in creating and carrying out successful plans and processes to solve complex problems.
Work closely with team members across all related business units and with the management team to ensure coordination of all efforts and real-time communication with all stakeholders.
Excellent communications skills (verbal, written, and presentation skills).
Customary Education and Experience:
- Masters (MS) in life sciences; chemistry preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years pharmaceutical or CRO/CMO industry experience preferably in API process R&D and manufacturing and/or Drug Product R&D and manufacturing.
- Prior experience in project management or managing external research collaborations.