Service Engineer 2 #72129
Start & end dates:
12 months Possibility for extension. Minimum 9 months, but preference for more.
Flexible hours but 40-hours maximum. Can shift hours, but core hours typically 10-6PM Pacific. Flexible due to on call nature. Weekly rotation for on call for weekend.
- Support Bing engineering systems
- Accept and mitigate alert escalations within defined targets for TTE and TTM
- Troubleshoot and diagnose root cause of issues
- Resolve issues and prevent repeat occurrences
- Perform routine software maintenance including deployments, migrations, upgrades, repairs, and testing that meet engineering quality standards
- Provide status updates to team members
- Manage and communicate dependencies and timelines with internal teams
Years of experience required:
- Cloud service engineering
- Big data processing
- C# or Java preferred
- Azure preferred
- Windows preferred
- Visual Studio preferred
Dev and code reviews.
Operations and support, someone who is able to respond to incidents as they arise. Is really good at investigating to the details, about communicating status. The other half is geared towards development (internal not features). A few times a year these services are upgraded, and we need help.
We do need someone who can code and develop. We would like them to be detailed and have some good experience on software
C# experience (would accept Java)
Done something in some Cloud or data processing. Running things in Azure, AWS, or Google cloud. Experience building out an instance and deployed service in cloud
Big data processing – Experience with some of the following: Hadoop, Spark, STORM, COSMOS, Real time data processing.
A Fortune 100 company with HQ in Redmond, WA
What makes this role interesting:
The team itself is a fun and enthusiastic. We have lots of activities. This is a great role for someone who wants to learn more development skills. There is coding involved. The projects can start small. Someone who is ambitious can take on large projects.
Ideal is someone who can develop and strengthen their coding skills.
For Twitter and OneDrive, these are some of the biggest search systems in the world. It’s a great experience for web and cloud skills.