Senior Account Executive - Portland, OR
Are you a project manager interested in changing behaviors for good and fantastic at building relationships? If so, our client would like to talk with you. They are seeking a Portland-based full-time Senior Account Executive to support the clients’ energy efficiency marketing initiatives.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR: A motivated, highly organized Senior Account Executive (SAE) who can act as a project manager for a variety of clients, helping create integrated marketing and communications strategies and plans, and implementing all facets of those plans.
The main function of the position will be working on a team to support the clients’ commercial and residential energy efficiency initiatives – whether it be writing website copy, working with the creative team on developing consumer campaign concepts, pitching trade media, developing collateral materials for trade ally partners, conducting outreach to strategic influencers, or supporting clients’ market research efforts. This work includes both business-to-business and business-to-consumer marketing campaigns.
The ideal SAE candidate will have at least five years of experience working in an agency environment with the ability to directly manage client projects. This position will act in both support and lead roles depending on the project. This person must be detail-oriented and have great writing and editing skills, and be a master at the art of client service.
- Working with managers (and clients) to plan, implement and evaluate integrated marketing and communications campaigns
- Owning client relationships
- Managing client budgets and timelines
- Planning and facilitating client meetings
- Writing content for a variety of materials including: collateral, websites, press releases, press materials
- Working with internal account teams to meet client deadlines, including supervising junior staff in support of client work
- Creating high-level reports, presentations and other business communications
- Managing production of creative projects (e.g., collateral materials, websites, consumer-facing campaigns, etc.)
- Working with sub-contractors
- A four-year college degree
- At least five years’ marketing and communications experience (agency experience preferred)
- Great relationship building skills
- Experience acting as the point person for clients on marketing/communications projects
- Fluency with the latest marketing tactics and trends
- Demonstrated writing skills (yes, we will test you!)
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability and love of multi-tasking
- An understanding of marketing, social media and media relations concepts
- Ability to work in an environment with multiple deadlines and changing priorities
- Some experience working with energy and climate issues
- Excellent organization skills
- A sense of humor
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: You value inclusion and diversity and are open-minded and respectful. You sincerely care about our clients’ issues. You are ego-free. You’re flexible, positive, proactive and results-oriented. You’re collaborative and value a work culture where great ideas can come from anywhere (yes, even interns!). You have a sense of humor. You’re kind.
Our client provides a competitive salary with full benefits; the opportunity to work with a great team and change the world for the better.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We strive for diversity within our team and persons of color are encouraged to apply.