Senior Front End Web Developer
Our client is searching for a highly motivated Senior Front- End Web Developer who can excel in a high- performance culture while leading both on shore and off shore teams.
Best candidate will have a passion for technology and building relevant software. We are looking for a candidate with proven success delivering results.
* Experience leading remotes teams
*Strong leadership with proven experience mentoring a team
This position is responsible for enterprise level front end web development for high volume consumer facing web site, portal application & Content management enhancements
* Lead teams of Front End Web Developers building compelling user experiences and interfaces; creating both production-ready code and prototypes for an ecommerce website that renders different user experience in Desktop, Tablet and Mobile devices.
* This position is responsible for architecting & implementing flexible/scalable/reusable UI & page templates using best practices and current web development standards to be shared across development teams.
* This position interfaces with internal and external developer teams, designers and business users.
* Collaborate effectively with Creative UX team, Product Management and Engineering to create concept development, prototypes, technology innovations and process improvements.
* Research and identify evolving media, technology and design innovations and opportunities; work with partners across the organization to assess and implement new ideas.
* Demonstrate and build an understanding of web application performance, scalability, reliability & security.
* Demonstrate exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
* Demonstrate expert computer science skills & experience
* Ability to plan, schedule, execute, and complete work in a self-directed mode from inception through to production
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, meeting different schedules and deadlines
* Ability to understand and apply best practices
* Comfortable working/sharing development on applications with several layers.
* Participate in writing detailed level technical and functional specifications documentation
Success Factors/Key Metrics:
* Successful implementation of new products and solutions to Web and Telesales channels. (on time deliveries; on budget projects; business case benefits realized)
* Performance in meeting SLAs for resolving Production issues identified with solutions supported by development team.
* Site performance, page load times, page weight & element counts implemented with designed solution all meet standards set by technical teams
* Completion of training quarterly to keep current on development protocols and standards relevant to solutions that fall within span of assigned responsibilities.
* Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
HIGHLY DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
o 3+ years leading and mentoring teams, including remote teams
o 5+ years of web development experience working with Fortune 500 companies
o 3+ years of Mobile Web development including responsive design
o 3+ years of web ecommerce platform (ATG, Hybris, IBM WebSphere)
o 3+ years working in Agile environment
* Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Company, in its discretion may find appropriate and acceptable.
* Proficient in Bootstrap UI Framework for Web and Mobile and Responsive Web Design.
* Solid understanding of UI objects & coding for reuse and building responsive solution to support all browsers and gadgets.
* Extensive cross-browser and cross-device development experience.
* Experience developing data-driven user interfaces.
* Knowledge of Agile methodology and experience working in a fast-paced Scrum environment.
* Proficiency in the use of modern product development processes and revision control tools.
* Mobile Web application development.
* Expert Knowledge in Java and Spring Framework.
* Experience in Front End tools like Fiddler, various mobile and tablet devices.
* Experience with Adobe Photoshop.
* Experience with slice images from PSD file.
* Exposure to Hybris Digital Ecommerce Platform.
* Phone GAP and Hybrid Mobile application development.
* Development experience for eCommerce solutions, & content management systems
* May need to rapidly produce interim deliverables (such as style guide components, prototypes, proofs of concept, etc.) in addition to the final live site or application
* Experience with mobile & social development / integrations.
* Proficiency with WordPress themes and plugins is desired