Sr. Sales Engineer
The Sales Engineering team is growing! Our platform for Network Security Analytics is a unique and powerful component of Security Operations. We offer strong comp plans, fair quotas, and the opportunity to work with other smart, hardworking people who are excited about creating the next great systems company in the Security market. If you are at the top of your game, have experience building territories, are a challenger, and can sell innovative next-gen solutions, then we want to hear from you.
This role is ideal if you thrive as the technical focal point conducting product presentations in highly charged meetings with prospects and customers. It’s important for you to be highly technical, have strong business acumen, read a room, and evangelize for a revolutionary product.
As a Sales Engineer, you will have a significant impact on the success of each sales presentation. This is a key position that contributes directly to the bottom-line health of the company.
- Assess prospective customer needs and uncover requirements for solutions
- Remove technology-related buying objections from the sales opportunity
- Demonstrate products to technical and non-technical audiences, at executive and/or technical levels, and at pre- and post-sales meetings
- Independently coordinate all aspects of technical product evaluations, from installing the appliance to helping prospective customers interpret data in the context of their environment
- Articulate the technical value proposition and key differentiating capabilities to prospective new customers and solutions partners
- Lead architecture design discussions and recommend an appropriate combination of technologies for production deployment
- Prepare and present technical proposals and RFIs
- Collaborate with sales representatives to ensure all aspects of the sale are aligned
- Identify market and product requirements based on field experience and customer input
- Partner with our Sales and Product Development teams to develop enterprise solutions
- Provide post-sales follow-up, technical training, and consulting
- Help with post-implementation support for key customers
- Ensure total customer satisfaction with the customer's implementation experience
- A sense of humor is required
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or related area or demonstration of equivalent knowledge
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in supporting networking, application, and/or network-security technologies
- Experience in device-configuration management solutions and processes
- Broad understanding of enterprise information technologies: must be able to interpret performance metrics quickly within diverse customer environments and relate them to troubleshooting and capacity planning
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills with the ability to address both executive and technical audiences
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and have an ongoing desire to stay current with the latest technologies
- Ability to focus on results while working independently when given a broad direction and desired results
- Ability to adapt to changing goals based on customer demands and market conditions while working with development and sales teams
- Strong problem solving skills: must be capable of accurately assessing needs, maintaining a calm business demeanor, and taking quick action to resolve issues
- Understanding of enterprise security requirements
- Understanding of IT Operations
- Solid understanding of enterprise-networking technologies: switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, WAN optimization technologies, and so forth
- Solid understanding of enterprise-architecture concepts: 3-tier architecture, high-availability/disaster recovery (active-active data centers, redundant switch stacks, and so forth)
- Solid understanding of the OSI model and excellent working knowledge of the key protocols from Layer 2 through Layer 7 including ARP, IP, TCP, UDP, and HTTP
- Protocol-level understanding of how various software components involved in enterprise service delivery interact: web servers, application servers, databases, web services, mainframes, network attached storage, and so forth
- Hands-on experience with passive network monitoring: mirror port configuration (especially Cisco SPAN, RSPAN, and VACL configuration), network TAP installation, span aggregators, and so forth
- Solid understanding of major operating systems including Linux, Windows, and UNIX.
- Familiarity with trends in enterprise services, such as virtualization, cloud computing, and VOIP
- Familiarity with the network and application monitoring space a plus
- Familiarity with VMware hypervisor (ESXi) and environments
- Experience analyzing packet captures a plus
We create great products because we give talented employees the freedom to be intellectually curious and creative. We seek a diversity of perspectives and foster employee quirkiness and spunk to help drive innovation.
We are the global leader in real-time wire data analytics, a novel approach to IT Operational Analytics. Our market opportunity is greater than $15B and our solutions span all industries. Pretty neat, huh? If you want to join a fun team that produces award-winning products that provide tremendous business value and delight customers. This company is for you!
Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.