Human Resource Manager
Our client is a leading kitchen and bath cabinet manufacturer in the United States and can be found in top retail stores. Headquartered in Winchester, Virginia with manufacturing locations and builder centers across America. Their long-term vision is focused on maintaining a culture of excellence, creating best-in-class products and value, and delivering outstanding service to their customers. Their pledge is to bring the best quality and value to customers, the best workplace and opportunities to employees, the best products and customer service to home centers, builders and distributors and the best investment for shareholders. This is a company who is determined to continue to set the standard for the industry, promote American quality, and enhance homes and lives with their products.
Will supervise hourly and salaried employees in the assigned department and/or departments. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of direct reports. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employee; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Overall coordination of all recruiting activities; salary and hourly.
- Provides counseling and resource assistance in the areas of policy, benefits, salary administration, training/development, performance issues.
- Monitor and coordinate all local/state governmental and regulatory compliance activities.
- Represents the company in all employment related claims; including EEOC, DOL, NLRB, OSHA, and WC.
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of the Goal Setting and Performance Appraisal policy for salaried and hourly personnel.
- Participate in identifying hiring needs; employee selection and training process
- Provide team leadership consistent with company vision, mission, CITE principles.
- Effectively utilize all resources to maximum potential performance to achieve SQDC goals.
- Participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives
- Role model CITE and Working in Teams principles
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources or related discipline; extensive work experience may be considered in lieu of education; PHR certification or Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 6 years Human Resource management experience; manufacturing preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years of supervision experience; multiple departments
- Must have experience in developing and administering Human Resource programs including but not limited to recruiting, benefits, compensation, safety, and training.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Excellent personal computer skills in a network environment; Microsoft products experience preferred - Outlook-Word-Excel-Access-PowerPoint.
- Track record of successful project management
- Experience in working in a team environment
- Management style must be consistent with CITE Principles
- Strong planning/Organization & Time Management skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common business and technical journals and financial reports.
- Expert at Multi-tasking in various fronts
Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts like addition, subtraction, multiplication or division to basic manufacturing performance recording or financial performance recording. Ability to read and use a tape measure.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
Typical indoor manufacturing environment. The noise level is usually moderate to high and hearing protection may be required on the production floor. Safety glasses are required on the production floor. Some out-of-town travel is required. Occasional weekend work required.