- Drive and manage the successful execution Human Resource and Talent Management initiatives that promote engagement, growth and sustainability of the US sites. Identify key Human Resource trends, challenges and opportunities. Work with site-level Leadership Team to develop and drive new and refined people programs and services.
- Work with the Leadership Team to design and implement leadership and management development training programs, succession planning. Make recommendations to the Global Vice President of Human Resources for improvement of organization’s talent practices, policies and procedures on personnel matters.
- Support global HR initiatives in the development and design of Human Resources strategies and programs to include: Talent Acquisition and Employment Branding; Total Rewards strategy; Talent Management and Development – Organizational Development, Succession planning and pipeline development, Career Planning and Development; HR Systems.
- Operate with an action-oriented approach knowing how to measure the results of various HR programs and responding to the dynamic needs of the team.
- Insure the effective implementation of performance systems and processes that facilitate the focus on individual, department and site-level performance (Key Performance Indicators).
- Hire and motivate a highly effective and engaged HR team. Challenge, coach and develop staff.
- Function as the expert on organizational issues and serve as trusted advisor and business partner to leadership team.
- BA/BS in Business Administration or related field
- A minimum of 8 years of professional HR experience, preferably within the life sciences industry, with strong domain expertise in all areas of employment law, talent acquisition, talent management, change management, employee engagement, etc.
- Successful track record working with a highly educated, technical work force is preferred. SPHR certification preferred.
- Track record in managing a high performing HR team
- Must be well organized, resourceful and planful; effective and efficient at marshalling multiple resources to get things done; lays out tasks in sufficient detail to mark the trail; is able to get things done with less and in less time; can work on multiple tasks at once without losing track; foresees and plans around obstacles.
- Writes and presents effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; strongly gets a message across.
Personal Skills, Attributes, and Qualifications
- Managing Vision and Purpose. Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today; talks about possibilities; is optimistic; creates mileposts and symbols to rally support behind the vision; makes the vision sharable by everyone; can inspire and motivate individuals, departments and organization.
- Staff Leadership. Translates mission, vision, values into actionable goals and objectives. Provides adequate structure, direction and feedback. Creates environment where staff feel valued, respected and empowered. Shows appreciation for and rewards individual and group excellence. Demonstrates high standards of ethics and fairness. Takes appropriate risks and encourages staff to do the same. Works through conflict and insures productive resolution. Maintains confidentiality of private and sensitive information.
- Communication. Cultivates a culture of openness and information sharing. Demonstrates integrity and honesty in all communication. Is willing to “speak the truth” and advocate positions even when unpopular. Provides constructive feedback. Avoids blaming others. Is an effective collaborator as well as protect confidentiality.
- Job Knowledge and Skills. Possesses required knowledge and skills to successfully perform job. Rapidly embraces and applies new ideas and approaches where doing so adds value. Is innovative in approach and open to partnering with multiple stakeholders.
- Customer Focus/Team Work. Develops and maintains adequate customer satisfaction levels with internal and external audiences. Demonstrates a bias toward service, quality and teamwork. Builds constructive and effective working relationships. Is committed to the success of all stakeholders.
- Results Orientation. Knows how to get things done in an effective and efficient manner with available resources. Plans and prioritizes work, sets and accomplishes goals, and completes quality work on schedule. Maintains a sense of urgency in accomplishing work. Strives to improve company and individual performance. Transparent in sharing team successes as well as challenges in an effort to improve achieve KPI’s for the organization.
- Leadership. Takes personal responsibility, leads by example and conscientious. Demonstrates initiative and is committed to and enthusiastic about achieving company success.
- Business Acumen: Knows how business’s work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace
- Decision Making. Makes timely and sound decisions based on a combination of analysis, experience and judgment. Consults others, as appropriate. Understands and takes into consideration how decisions impact others.