Director Supply Chain Management (Biopharmaceutical)
With three facilities in the USA and Europe, Our client provides fully integrated biopharmaceutical development and manufacturing solutions to clients globally. The Company has proven expertise in delivering custom solutions for the scale-up and cGMP manufacture of protein-based therapeutics for pre-clinical, clinical, and commercial production.
Our client is experiencing growth in customer base and revenue, expanding personnel and manufacturing capacity as well as distinguishing itself in the market with unique technology offerings for clients.
Our client is looking for a Director of Supply Chain Management to oversee all aspects of purchasing, production planning and scheduling, inventory control, and shipping and receiving. This is an exciting opportunity to develop and execute a comprehensive supply chain strategy that will allow the site to cost effectively scale the business while meeting internal and external customer service commitments.
- Direct activities of all functions involved in purchasing, planning, warehousing and control of materials from the receipt of forecasting replenishment needs to the delivery of the finished product into finished goods inventory and delivery of products
- Implement a fully functional supply chain management/production control infrastructure in order to effectively manage logistics and resources across a distributed workforce
- Maintain accountability, establishing processes and controls for accurate inventory counts at all times
- Source, develop, and maintain vendor relationships including those providing alternative sources of repair or supply
- Establish performance metrics and benchmarks related to supply chain planning and replenishment processes
- Oversee strategic and day-to-day purchasing activity
- Ensure efficient and compliant shipping activities
- Implement a balanced scorecard that encompasses both operational and financial metrics
- Develop and manage departmental budgets accordingly
- Application of Lean and other methodologies to drive cross functional SCM-related process improvement; attainment indicators would include inventory turns, inventory valuation, expiry costs, out of stock, departmental budget, development of personnel, and a safe work environment
- Coaching and mentoring of staff in maintaining excellence on GMP, quality control, and safety
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business or Supply Chain Management and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a supply chain/logistics management role (pharmaceutical, medical device, or biotechnology industry experience preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing supplier/customer relationships
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in MRP or ERP forecasting in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Excellent communication skills using typical business communication methods with the ability to communicate effectively to various audiences including customers, peers, superiors, and potential clients without compromising company objectives
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and create cost effective solutions
- Proven expertise in mentoring/development, change management, planning/organizing, managing execution, and revising the work plan for complex problems solved by cross functional teams
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) preferred
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. with assistance.
- Ability to work in loud environments, with confined spaces and in close proximity to operating equipment