Solutions Architect, Resident, 1046
Want to build lasting customer relationships and solutions. Want to work with a platform and technology where you can truly innovate? As a member of our Professional Services team you’ll have the opportunity to harness your creativity and technical skills to delight our customers . We tackle difficult business and technology problems across a vast array of industries and technologies. With us, you’ll deliver solutions that customers previously thought infeasible or impossible to solve. Join us and you’ll find we have a supportive home team, great customers, and a product that customers love.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Solutions Architecture team is very different from many other consulting practices—we focus on outcomes and customer success rather than racking up billable hours. As a member of our Solutions Architecture team, you’ll play a critical role in the success of our customers, products and position in the marketplace. Our Architects tackle the most difficult business and technology problems across a vast array of industries and technologies. As a Solutions Architect you will never be bored again.
- Conduct deep technical and business discovery sessions with a Fortune 500 customer and develop creative solutions to challenges uncovered.
- Analyze customer network topologies and application stacks; develop strategies to acquire high-value data from the wire.
- Profile industry-specific applications across a broad range of verticals; create technical assets and written collateral to support product improvement and marketing efforts.
- Conduct root cause analysis of high-profile technology problems and advise customers on their resolution.
- Develop customized data analysis to monitor changing technical and business conditions in real-time.
- Create rich data visualizations to aid tactical investigations and realize strategic objectives.
- Design and implement ExtraHop product deployments to maximize time-to-value and ongoing positive technical outcomes.
- Create automated tools to streamline repeatable processes and maximize time spent building intelligent solutions.
- Conduct hands-on learning sessions with key customer personnel.
We’re looking for a Solutions Architect who can help us grow to the next level as a company. As a starting point for this position, you’ll need the following background:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, or information technology
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Information Technology, particularly networking and systems administration
- Experience deploying enterprise technology in satellite locations (e.g., installed POS terminals all of a custmer's retail stores, or deployed networking gear in every hotel across a chain)
- Experience in customer-facing positions; excellent interpersonal skills
- Superb organizational skills, with the ability to seamlessly manage customer requests for support, software modifications, and business process
- Understanding of core networking principles (layers 2 through 4 of the OSI model) and application protocols (HTTP, SQL, CIFS/NFS, HL7, Memcache, DNS)
- Familiarity with principles of internet worked applications and related technologies (HTTP, databases, caching, distributed systems, etc)
- A knack for the logical thinking and personable, persuasive argumentation skills that support network and application debugging alongside fellow experts.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Independence, motivation, and desire for practice ownership