Are you, or have you been a render wrangler? This might be the job for you!
Details matter to you. Finding the right knobs and dials to get the product just right appeals to you.
We’re looking to train the right person on our proprietary software pipeline used to create the best volumetric video in the marketplace. We refine point clouds using a broad set tools and algorithms to create meshes and textures that become holograms used in mixed reality experiences. As a member of the processing team, you are the key to creating the best-looking holograms possible. We’ll teach you the ins and outs of our custom solution. For the most part this requires looking at various stages of the pipeline and making template adjustments. On occasion, some manual manipulation (with 3D software) may be required.
You’ll work collaboratively with the Creative Director, Technical Artists, Software Developers, Producers and Customers to oversee production progress, quality control, and follow through to client delivery.
- Apply settings of custom software pipeline to process specialized photogrammetry data
- Monitor and manage both local and cloud-based render processes
- Monitor custom scheduler processes
- Monitor infrastructure servers and escalate problems
- Visual review and QC of processed results
- Manual clean-up of 3D assets if required
- Delivery of assets to client via FTP
- Asset tracking and status reporting
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Credits on more than 1 motion picture or game title
- Knowledge of 3D creation packages (Maya/Houdini/Zbrush/etc)
- Proficient with Photoshop
- Self-starter with excellent time and priority management skills with proven ability to take ownership of features and assess requirements
- Comfortable working within an environment in which goals, schedule, and deliverables shift rapidly
- Extremely detail oriented
- BS degree in computer science, computer animation, other related field, OR 2+ relevant years of industry experience.
- Proficiency in Nuke
- Proficiency with After Effects/Premiere
- Audio editing (e.g. Audition)
- Scripting (e.g. C#, Python, etc.)
- Film/video set experience
- Experience with Ftrack/Shotgun/CMS systems
- IT industry
Our team is located in the heart of San Francisco, and we power the technology behind holographic video and the Mixed Reality Capture Studio. With your help we’ll bring holograms of dynamic people and performances to augmented reality, virtual reality, and even 2D screens. Our team’s technology is a critical component of Microsoft’s vision for the future of Mixed Reality experiences and unlocks the potential to tell human stories in ways we have not yet dreamed.