Project Manager ll or Sr PM #1808 and #1809
Our client, is one of the industries leading CMOs in reliability, technical excellence, and quality — Right and On Time. A $12B Japanese-owned and publicly traded company based in Tokyo with over 50,000 employees in 30 countries.
With three facilities in the USA and Europe, they provide fully integrated biopharmaceutical development and manufacturing solutions to clients globally. The Company has proven expertise in delivering custom solutions for the scale-up and cGMP manufacture of protein-based therapeutics for pre-clinical, clinical, and commercial production.
Our client is experiencing growth in customer base and revenue, expanding personnel and manufacturing capacity as well as distinguishing itself in the market with unique technology offerings for clients.
We are currently looking for a Project Manager to join the Project Management team. This is an exciting opportunity to lead the orderly progression of projects from the proposal stage through project completion by interacting with the client, technical teams, and business development team. This role provides program direction and manages timelines and project controls across internal functional and organizational lines as well as with external clients. The ideal candidate possesses strong and effective project management, problem solving, and interpersonal skills and has a proven track record working cross-functionally across a wide variety of technical, business and operational areas.
- Provide necessary program direction for planning, organizing, developing, and integrating projects across multiple functional areas
- Closely monitor/control project progression to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget
- Reports project progress to all key stakeholders
- Supports the technical team to investigate any project challenges with necessary risk assessment tools and techniques then implements corrective measures
- Serves as liaison with client contacts, manages day-to-day communications, and organizes project team meetings
- Represents company in project meetings, prepares meeting agenda and minutes, and follows up on action items
- Evaluates and assesses project results and provides recommendations for future improvement
- Prepares Project Change Orders with inputs from key stakeholders
- Effectively builds project teams
- Cultivate effective communication, cooperation and trust with client
- Work closely with team members across all related business units and with the management team to ensure coordination of all efforts and real-time communication with all stakeholders
- M.S. in life sciences; chemistry preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant pharmaceutical or biotech industry experience in process development and/or GMP manufacturing.
- Experience in a Contract Research Organization (CRO) or Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO) is preferred, but not required.
- Prior experience in project management or managing external research collaborations
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation skills)
- Proven experience in creating and carrying out successful plans and processes to solve complex problems
Our client values its employees, and this is reflected in the compensation and benefits packages we offer.
These packages include:
- Competitive base pay
- An annual bonus program based on company and individual performance
- Comprehensive benefits, including generous paid time off
- A dynamic and challenging work environment
- Opportunities for career development and advancement
Benefit Programs for U.S. Employees
We also offer a wide range of programs to help employees stay healthy, be financially secure, take a break from work, enhance career development, and have fun at work. A comprehensive benefits package is offered to regular full-time and part-time employees (working 24 or more hours per week) and, in some cases, their dependents.