Multicultural (MC) Account Director - Seattle, WA
Our client is looking for a motivated, highly organized and business savvy MC Account Director who can jump right in to lead communications initiatives for large-scale clients and assist our current director in growing the agency’s multicultural department.
This person must be energetic and detail-oriented with a proven track record of successfully managing client relationships, implementing and creating dynamic and integrated multicultural communication campaigns.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The MC Account Director will be an enthusiastic marketing/communications executive with 7 -10 years of relevant experience. The main responsibilities of the position are to manage all aspects of assigned MC accounts, share in the day-to-day management of the MC team with the MC Group Director including: day-to-day running of accounts, serving as a point of contact for a variety of clients’ multicultural strategy and multicultural creative projects.
- Growing the current revenue and the accounts within the MC practice
- Overseeing MC team workflow
- Sharing the day-to-day of the MC team members, strategy and accounts
- Working with clients and managers to plan, launch, execute and evaluate multicultural, total market and cross-cultural communications campaigns that include content, community based social marketing, media pitching and social media
- Working with clients and internal account teams to meet client deadlines
- Account/client management
- Managing creative projects (e.g., branding, collateral materials, videos, ads)
- Creating and managing budgets
- Creating high level reports
- Working with and managing cross-functional teams, including sub-contractors
- Coordinating cross-office collaboration between Seattle, Portland and Boston offices.
- A four-year college degree
- Highly organized (you’ve got to have mad project management chops!!)
- Ability and love of multi-tasking
- Experience creating and executing multicultural campaigns in an agency setting
- Native fluency in Spanish and English required
- Experience producing a variety of multicultural campaigns – including translation/ transcreation, advertising, branded content, research
- Ability to problem solve and think of solutions “on the fly”
- Ability to work in a rapidly moving environment with several projects happening at once
- Understanding of multicultural, total market and cross-cultural best practices
- Demonstrated writing skills (yes, we give a writing test)
- Strong skills in relationship building, mentoring and new business pitching.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with social marketing campaigns – behavior change campaigns
- Knowledge of community organizations (prior work experience with community organizations is a strong plus)
- Flexibility, patience and a sense of humor
You value inclusion and diversity and are open-minded and respectful. You sincerely care about our clients’ issues. You are ego-free. You’re flexible, positive, proactive and results-oriented. You’re collaborative and value a work culture where great ideas can come from anywhere (yes, even interns!). You have a sense of humor. You’re kind.
Our client provides a competitive salary with full benefits; the opportunity to work with a great team and change the world for the better.
An equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.