Associate Localization Specialist -Japanese/ English Translator
Associate Localization Specialist (Japanese Translator)
Our client is a worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names.
- Translates/localizes technical documentation used in software development and for projects.
- Proofs the work of technical translation to ensure the accuracy and quality of documentation. (Japanese to English)
- Utilizes translation memory and terminology tools effectively to promote efficiency, accuracy and consistency of translated content.
- Supports other technical writing, translation, and localization projects as required.
- Supports attainment of some short-term objectives of assigned unit/team.
SUMMARY OR REQUIREMENTS
- Experience working with markup formats such as source code files, HTML, XML, etc.
- Able to translate quickly and accurately.
- Written and verbal fluency in Japanese and English, excellent writing skills.
- In-depth knowledge of Japanese and English, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Experience using various document publishing software, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Experience using translation memory and terminology tools.
- 3-5 years professional experience translating/proofing technical documentation.
- Background in computer science is preferred.
** This is a CONTRACT position ..12 months approx.
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.