Our client is seeking a Project Manager for the management of multiple projects which include Labor-related management and support services to public agencies in transit, water and other institutional projects in the San Diego Area. Previous experience in Labor Compliance and/or PLA Administration is a MUST.
• Oversee all aspects of a project’s completion.
• Create an interface with client and contract personnel to develop and review program plans, schedules, assignments, costs, etc.
• Resolve project issues including staff allocation and scheduling, resolution of issues with contractors and unions, client complaints, and other tactical matters.
• Set deadlines, explain and assign responsibilities, and monitor the progress of projects.
• Conduct weekly team meetings to discuss project status and outstanding issues.
• Continuously mentor junior staff to facilitate learning, development, and career advancement.
• Train junior staff in handling day to day project tasks.
• Coordinate and deliver briefings/progress reports with senior leadership regarding the status of projects.
• 5-7 years project management experience in Labor Compliance monitoring and/or PLA Administration
• Extensive knowledge of prevailing wage statutes and contractor/union issues for a public infrastructure construction project
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Strong presentation and public speaking skills with the confidence and ability to establish rapport with the audience and effectively handle questions and objections
• Organized. Possesses strong time and resource management skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to maintain effective communication with clients and internal staff.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications to produce reports, presentations, correspondence and a variety of other materials
• Availability to work evenings and weekends as necessary to meet project deadlines
• Ability to analyze and bring flexible, critical thinking approach to managing projects.
• Decisive, creative, action-oriented and results-focused professional.
• Capable of multi-tasking and working under tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
• Mange contract deliverables in order to lead projects to successful completion.
• Has a proven ability to deal with simultaneous initiatives and ensuring that programs and projects align with the priorities, resources, and strategies of the organization.
• Ability to meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing and monitoring budgets, scheduling expenditures and analyzing variances are capabilities of the individual in this position.
• Ability to produce quality reports for both internal and external purposes.
• Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP)
• Experience with Public Works projects
Salary: Based on experienceAny offer of employment is contingent upon acceptable results of a background check, credit check, Live Scan fingerprinting, and drug screening. Submissions without salary history will not be considered.