Software engineers who work with our client build products for human-driven analysis of real-world data focusing around the concept of identity. Our client's products must be powerful enough to handle messy data at enormous scales, but nimble enough to provide an intuitive experience for users with a wide range of analytical capabilities. Software engineers are the architects of every aspect of our products, from high-level system design and prototyping to application development and data integration.
We are looking for mid to sr. level software engineers with 3-5 years experience (Machine Learning Experience is preferred) to build solutions for a variety of problems around the evolving nature of identity. Each project presents a different challenge, from the regulatory environment to the nature of the data to the user population. The job is to tackle these challenges in creative ways and deliver value for our customers.
Our client deploys whatever technology best solves the problem at hand. We don’t expect all applicants to be experts in all technologies, but we do hope you’ll be willing to learn.
- Scala, Java (a little bit), R
- Spark (including GraphX), Akka
- Cassandra, HDFS, MongoDB, S3, DynamoDB, Redshift
- DataPipeline, Kinesis, Apache Camel
- EMR, Chef
- Git, Sbt
- Azure (Table Storage, Blob Storage, Service Bus), AngularJS 1.x, RxJS, ES5
- Data Mining
- Applied Machine Learning
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Software: You’re a strong software engineer with 3 or more years of professional engineering experience in the related domains.
- Collaboration: You constantly and consistently collaborate with others. Our work isn’t done in a vacuum — everyone contributes to get the job done.
- Experimentation: You understand that making mistakes is good if you’re learning. When we fail, we fail fast and let our errors be the building blocks of our future successes.
- Self-Improvement: You have a constant desire to grow and develop. Few things are static here — there is always something to be learned, improved, or changed.
- Agility: You’re comfortable in a fast-paced environment. Urgent requests come in from all corners, and our engineers need to know how to respond.
- Impact: You want to work on products that help evolve the concepts of identity on the Internet, and the multitude of uses and services that require identity in a privacy safe way.
You also demonstrate our client's values in the way you work:
- Solve Meaningful Problems
- Collaborate Actively
- Always Grow
- Lead with Data
- Embrace Accountability
Great benefits + Insurance
25 days vacation (European company), plus insane office location in Fremont area with parking, equity, and a chance to play in the laboratory of the office