Full Stack Software Engineer
"Transforming clinical trials for sponsors, sites and patients"
Our clients journey started in 1999 when a scientist working on his first clinical trial waded through inefficiencies and delays—and knew that technology could improve the process. Almost 15 years later, they have grown to be the leader in clinical technology, with over 1,000 people working towards the same goal: Using the latest technology to help our life science clients bring their life-saving new treatments to the public.
With their single focus on clinical development in life sciences, the team provides applications, analytics and benchmarks that not only make the current trial process run better, but also transform it into a more efficient, productive and high-quality enterprise. They are committed to providing all members of the clinical trial team—pharma researchers, physicians, patients—with the most advanced tools for planning and managing their clinical trials, generating value for clients with trials that run faster, with less risk and with fewer resources. What could be better than working for a company with a purpose in one of the most popular areas to work in!
Our client is looking for an experienced full-stack software engineer to design, enhance and implement new features and functionality in Medical Coding Service - Coder. Medical coding is a critical piece of the clinical trial process and part of their strategy to grow to over one billion in revenue.
Coder is a mature, single-instance, multi-tenant web service supporting hundreds of clinical trials. Our application is built with C#, leverages Microsoft’s SQL server database and is hosted in AWS. Our front end uses Asp.NET, HTML, CSS, jQuery, AJAX and BootStrap. As an engineer on Coder, you'll be challenged both to develop new features in response to market demand and improve the performance and scalability of the application to meet the rapidly growing user base.
- Design and enhance features for a large-scale service environment using OO principles with a deep focus on performance, scalability, quality and extensibility
- Full stack development, including APIs, using C# and Microsoft SQL server
- Embrace test-driven development with complete code coverage and continuous integration
- Provide diagnostic support and fix bugs for service features
- Follow Medidata’s Standard Operating Procedures to ensure all software meets regulatory and company requirements
- Work with Agile team members, particularly Software Quality Assurance and Product Management, to write clear, concise and comprehensive features
- Participate in Agile working practices such as daily scrum meetings, sprint planning meetings, reviews and retrospectives
- Share your knowledge and experience with a highly motivated and collaborative team in regards to code reviews, software designs as well as all other engineering and business aspects
- Consistently execute against a product roadmap to deliver multiple features across Coder's portfolio of service components enabling our clients to more effectively run their clinical trials.
- Extensive experience with the .NET framework building full stack, enterprise systems and transforming traditional monolithic frameworks into modern SOA architectures.
- Ability to solve complex problems and provide solutions that can be applied optimally in a service environment
- Proven cross functional collaboration with groups like customer care, service delivery (hosting and DevOps), test, project management, and product management to create positive change within your project teams
- Effective communication skills to relay technical information to various cross functional teams and clients
- Effectively execute processes associated with the software development life cycle
- Awareness of and experience with cloud technologies, such as AWS and Azure.
- 4+ years experience.
- Relocation possible for the right candidate
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; or equivalent years of experience
- Extensive experience supporting SOA applications built with C#
- Experience with SQL optimization and database schema design
- Experience with Git
- Experience designing and writing unit and scenarios tests to maintain a high level of code coverage and quality standards
- Experience working with Agile methods such as Scrum preferred
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
- THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
- TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
- DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
- LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams (People Leader especially!)