Director of Sales Operations 933
Experienced Director of Sales Operations to join our growing team in Seattle. This is a unique opportunity to build-out a sales program in a high visibility role that reports to the CFO but partners with the SVP of Sales.
As with all Sales Ops roles, there is no "one thing" that you would be responsible for, but rather across many disciplines from Sales Strategy, Sales Tools, Forecast, Territory Planning / Rules of Engagement, as well as other items. You will also have the unique ability to both play to your strengths and learn new things along with us.
In fact, any given day you may be evaluating a new tool, creating a new initiative from scratch, or carving out new global territories. You would work closely with the field sales team and sales management, and would develop and strengthen close relationships outside of sales with Marketing, Finance, and other teams.
Our client is a global leader in real-time wire data analytics, IT Operational Analytics.
- Work closely with Finance, sales management, marketing and customer success teams to create and prioritize reporting needs and develop business requirements
Reporting & Analytics
- Set operating cadence and reporting with Sales leadership to ensure execution against plan
- Maintain and develop regular reporting on key sales metrics, pipeline health and enable the early identification of trends affecting the business and promote the sharing of best practices across the sales organization
- Support weekly and monthly reporting and forecasting for the sales organization, identifying significant changes and trends and recommendations for action that will materially impact the company’s growth trajectory
- Analyze sales rep productivity, sales performance results, generate metric reports and provide recommendations to sales management
- Gather requirements and project manage changes to our sales technology that result in improvements in sales rep productivity by identifying gaps, and evaluating / implementing new ideas, tools and processes
- Assist and train the Sales and Customer Success teams with quote to order process
- Resolve operational issues in close collaboration with Finance and Legal team
- Enhance sales productivity and output with effective processes and tools
Planning, Administration & Strategy
- Partner closely with senior leadership to develop and manage actionable, measurable projects that accelerate sales growth and improve sales processes and operations on a global scale
- Collaborate with Sales Management to set up, maintain, and modify sales territories and assist with the comprehensive analysis of territory alignment and optimization decisions
- Help drive strategic planning and capacity analysis in conjunction with Finance for the sales organization
- Collaborate on Sales Compensation and Quota Planning in tandem with Finance
- Territory Planning - Territory, Target Accounts, Key Verticals, Productivity Analysis
- Manage deal desk and assist in the structuring, approval, and closure of complex license sales collaborating with legal, finance, and customer operations
- Effectively manage the Sales Operations team to deliver on strategic engagements and program deliverables
- Build and manage a Sales Operations team as the organization grows.
- Play a leading role in the administration, customization and continuous evolution of our SFDC instance
- Ensure data integrity with the appropriate level of automation, data validation and user training
- Support the Marketing and Customer Success organizations with their SalesForce driven and integration requirements
- Train and support to our Salesforce.com users.
- Sales-friendly, strong desire to help the field teams with exceptionally strong communication skills, including experience effectively communicating with senior management
- Comfortable and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and results-oriented team environment
- com super-user
- Proven experience leading a Sales Operations function with direct involvement in supporting sales strategy, organizational design, talent/performance management, incentive compensation and sales force automation activities
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong operational and financial modeling experience
- Data driven with strong creative problem-solving skills
- 7+ years experience in Sales/Business Operations; 3+ years in leading and managing a scaled and multifaceted team
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Gold Medal prize in Puget Sound Business Journal’s annual list of Washington’s Best Workplaces, and several Gold Stevie American Business Awards.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.