Regional Sales Manager - Financial Services NY
Our Sales team is growing! Our platform for wire data analytics is disrupting the multi-billion dollar IT Operations Management industry. We have enthusiastic customers who are coming back for more because our products work and support cool use cases. We offer strong comp plans, fair quotas, and the opportunity to work with other smart, hardworking people who are excited about creating the next great systems company in our market. If you are at the top of your game, have experience building territories, are a challenger, and can sell innovative next-gen solutions, then we want to hear from you.
This key position requires someone who is able to learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of our products and technologies, competitive products and industry trends. You are primarily responsible for increasing revenue in assigned regions/territories/districts through identifying, recruiting, and developing opportunity for generating direct sales or partnerships with resellers.
- Meet and exceed assigned sales targets by closing new accounts and growing revenues in existing customer installations
- Identify prospects for products through cold calls, and lead follow-up and face-to-face meetings
- Call on senior executives to understand the business, decision-making, and financing processes of your territory
- Present and demonstrate products to customers
- Provide customer and competitor feedback and field intelligence where available and necessary
- Prepare and implement strategic sales account plans for all customers and identify business growth opportunities in assigned customer base
- Ensure resellers and field sales engineers and management are working together in the sales process, lead generation, registering opportunities, accurately forecasting revenue, and tracking to required revenue goals established by their discount tier
- Work with resellers to grow business in your territory
- Prepare and maintain an accurate sales forecast for your territory
- Network in customer and related organizations
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Four-year degree or equivalent in a related discipline (e.g., information technology, computer science, business, or engineering)
- Demonstrated technical acumen to articulate value proposition in a differentiated and compelling manner
- Demonstrated experience selling Enterprise IT solutions into the Financial Services space in the NY/NJ area
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Proven history of sales success in network/application management or related IT infrastructured solutions
- Demonstrated ability to secure meetings and close deals with senior level executives
- Solid understanding of enterprise networking technologies: switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, WAN optimization technologies, and so forth is a plus
- Strong independent work ethic and experience working in startup culture
- Existing senior level relationships at a wide range of enterprise accounts in your assigned territory
- Five years’ experience in technology sales with a consistent track record of exceeding sales targets
- Background in software/hardware sales and distribution with large software, hardware, and/or networking companies
- Ability to travel
We are the global leader in real-time wire data analytics, a novel approach to IT Operational Analytics. Founded by engineers, our client is a Seattle-based technology company that delivers elegant solutions for the tech industry’s most challenging problems.
Our client is positioned to be the next great systems company. We are known as innovators who take a smart, creative approach to solving problems. Our team and product line have received many awards, including wins in multiple categories of Best of Interop, a Gold Medal prize in Puget Sound Business Journal’s annual list of Washington's Best Workplaces, and several Gold Stevie American Business Awards.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.