Commercial Mechanical Construction Project Manager
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage project costs
2. Manage field labor
3. Manage subcontractors
4. Achieve safe, on-time and under-budget completion of projects
5. Focus Areas: Higher education, k-12, hospitals, hotels, government, other institutional campuses or facilities.
6. Must have experience managing projects between $10M-$15M, Construction Management
- Responsible for managing the installation of HVAC and Plumbing that meet code requirements, budget, and on-time installation.
- Evaluate estimate and set-up job costing system with labor, material, and subcontract cost codes.
- Negotiate and prepare vendor and subcontractor purchase orders and evaluate submittals to reflect contract drawing and specifications.
- Conduct monthly reports and cost reviews – keep all participants and stakeholders informed in order to bring the job in on time and under budget.
- Build and maintain strong customer relations with general contractor, subcontractors, vendors, internal customers, and owner.
- Evaluate and develop field personnel including workers, foremen, and superintendents.
- Maintain a safe and secure work environment through maintaining safety meetings, incident investigations, and employee involvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field, or significant related experience in Construction Management.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate knowledge in construction management principles, practices and methods, environmental regulations, engineering project management methods, workplace safety, budgeting, employee supervision and personnel management.
- Able to work well in a fast-paced environment. He or she should be competent in handling simultaneously occurring tasks and smaller projects.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Possess analytical and mathematical skills, quick thinking, and a solid understanding of the main principles of engineering, construction, and architecture.
- 3 Years minimum experience
- Candidates must have plumbing and HVAC experience and mechanical construction experience.
Relocation assistance: Yes
Visa requirement: Only US citizens and Greencard holders