Technical Support Manager (Linux/ Unix)
Our client is an open-technology systems integrator who is helping IT organizations architect and deploy solutions for private/hybrid clouds, high performance computing, data centers and general compute. We have an opening for a Technical Support Manager to lead our support team and deliver our signature “Expert Included” post-sales support.
The ideal candidate for this role has 5 years of experience managing a technical support team. You are technically strong, love leading people, and a have a vision for developing your team. The successful candidate flourishes in a collaborative culture and has a strong metrics-driven approach to solving problems. Our company has a reputation for quality, consultation, and technical expertise. As such, you must be technically capable and passionate about solving customer problems.
You will manage the daily operations of the Technical Support department and provide world-class customer support and service. You are a hands-on leader who is technically savvy, can work well with all levels of the team and with customers. Your duties are to:
- Plan, schedule and supervise the day to day technical support operations, including all troubleshooting, customer service issues, RMA and break fix
- Ensure the team achieves customer satisfaction through delivery of reliable, responsive, competent support. Employ metrics to measure and achieve customer satisfaction goals. Manage all service contracts/agreements and warranties and meet SLA’s.
- Collaborate with other departments as appropriate, i.e. Sales, Operations, Product Management, Engineering, on issue identification and resolution. Facilitate the issue resolution process, as well as internal and external communication and documentation of resolution status and progress
- Collaborate with all functions, i.e. Sales, Operations, Product Management, Engineering, on identifying and ensuring product defects are tackled and corrective action is taken
- Manage support operations and processes, including service parts inventory, the support knowledge database. Develop support department policies, procedures and processes, as required
- Plan, build and manage a strong team of support engineers, including training plans for skills/knowledge development of employees and conducting performance reviews of technical support staff.
- Ensure all employee issues and concerns are addressed in a timely manner and foster a positive team environment
- Minimum of 5 years leading a team of customer support personnel in troubleshooting Linux-based HW/SW infrastructure, including clusters, servers, networks, and storage.
- Demonstrated experience driving measurable customer satisfaction and developing successful support teams
- Demonstrated working skills with Linux/Unix operating systems (CentOS/RHEL, Ubuntu, SUSE), including install/config ability, ability to troubleshoot multiple level issues, and experience with hard drive failures, network connectivity issues, defective peripherals and collecting error logs.
- Deep understanding of server/hardware component troubleshooting, including hard drives, motherboards, memory, processors, etc.
- Experience with storage architectures and file systems (SAN/NAS/iSCSI/NFS, ZFS)