Client has a portfolio of custom built software systems. There is pipeline of functionality awaiting implementation.
The focus of this work is to build and enhance software systems that service the operations of the laboratory. Agile delivery will be used.
- Experience developing APIs and RESTful Web Services
- Experience with iterative development practices such as Agile or Scrum
- Understanding of and experience with Agile delivery and Scrum facilitation
- Experience in the development of complex software systems using industry best practices
- Knowledge and experience in applying software design patterns
- Knowledge and experience in applying layered architecture patterns
- Knowledge of secure coding practices (cross-site scripting and SQL injection)
- Experience with DevOps, Automation, and CI/CD tools and practices
- Exceptional communicator with both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically to deliver innovative solutions
- Deliver results with highest level of professionalism and integrity
- US Citizen
- Work location?
- Onsite or is mobile/remote ok? Onsite in Richland, WA is preferred. If resource is not local then remote is ok with the first two weeks on site in Richland, WA, then possibly one week per quarter.
- What are the things that are most important to you - is it finding all the right skills, sticking to a budget or timeline, or something else along those lines?
- Skills. We need someone that can hit the ground running and make an immediate impact.
- What would you say are some of the main selling points that would get candidates interested in your role over another?
- Focused work in a collaborative environment on a new solution using the latest technology.
- What are some of the performance indicators you’ll be looking for once this person ramps up? (Meeting deadlines, quality of work, etc.)
- 1) Quality of work, 2) Meeting deadlines, 3) Engagement with the team
- How many years of experience are you looking for? As you start to go through resumes, what would stand out to you as the BEST candidate versus an AVERAGE candidate?
- We are looking for motivated individuals with both depth and breadth that meet our qualifications.
- In terms of presentation skills, will this person be leading any meetings or Skype conferences? Not leading, but must be highly collaborative and engaging – especially of working off site.