Senior Financial Analyst # 1817
Our client, is one of the industry leading CMOs in reliability, technical excellence, and quality — Right and On Time. A $12B Japanese-owned and publicly traded company based in Tokyo with over 50,000 employees in 30 countries.
With three facilities in the USA and Europe, they provide fully integrated biopharmaceutical development and manufacturing solutions to clients globally. The Company has proven expertise in delivering custom solutions for the scale-up and cGMP manufacture of protein-based therapeutics for pre-clinical, clinical, and commercial production.
They are experiencing growth in customer base and revenue, expanding personnel and manufacturing capacity as well as distinguishing itself in the market with unique technology offerings for clients. To support this exciting and strategic plan going forward and to ensure quality financial governance, reporting and forecasting, we are seeking to add a business-oriented Senior Financial Analyst. The position is based in Seattle – some travel to Søborg, Copenhagen will be expected from time to time.
Our client offers a dynamic working place with good opportunities of working with a varied array of tasks and challenges. You will get insight into and experience with the way the various departments throughout a contract manufacturing organization interact in order to achieve success. Exciting and challenging assignments will constantly come your way, and you will to a large extend be able to plan your daily work yourself. They offer an informal working environment, where humor is part of the daily work life. We respect each other and our individual differences. Our employees have a flexible attitude and we help each other to reach deadlines together as one team.
Reporting to the Global CFO, this role partners with senior management and executive team to build a holistic strategic and operational framework to achieve growth and profitability targets. This includes market analysis, business intelligence, forecasting and analytical activities at the global level.
- Developing and maintaining a professional forecasting model and process that supports the business
- Provide insight through business financial analysis insight to the senior executive team to enable them to align corporate strategy and business opportunities
- Develop data-driven tools and processes to drive business planning
- Conduct and document moderate to complex financial analysis, financial reporting and finance projects at the global level
- Aid organization with financial functions, such as assessing, auditing, planning, budgeting, taxes, consolidation, cost control, and project control
- Lead special projects and other assigned initiatives
- Ensure a dynamic and business driven financial forecasting process to deliver insight on opportunities, targets and risks
- Help develop data-driven tools and processes to drive business planning
- Participate in investment project teams and strategic development projects to ensure financial decision insight and value creation
- Use data analysis and modeling skills to guide and develop plans, identify new opportunities, and create and manage key performance metrics
- Evaluates and analyzes a variety of financial results and indicators such as capital expenditures, depreciation, proposals, investment opportunities, rate of return, profit plans, operating records, financial statements, etc. requiring advanced expertise
- Conducts special studies as assigned to support senior management. Develops presentations of findings and results
- Prepares reports analyzing specific aspects of site structures, functions and operational procedures and recommends ways to improve efficiency and/or effectiveness
- Master’s degree in Business Management
- 2-3 years+ of experience in a similar role
- Strong business acumen and interest in the life sciences industry
- Capability of adapting quickly; having a steep learning curve and willingness to take on new challenges and responsibilities quickly
- Communicate and interact effectively with Executive Management
- Passionate about financial forecasting and financial and economic analyses
- Possess strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to focus and prioritize
- “Hands-on” person, who is able to work independently
Our client values its employees, and this is reflected in the compensation and benefits packages we offer.
These packages include:
- Competitive base pay
- An annual bonus program based on company and individual performance
- Comprehensive benefits, including generous paid time off
- A dynamic and challenging work environment
- Opportunities for career development and advancement
Benefit Programs for U.S. Employees
We also offer a wide range of programs to help employees stay healthy, be financially secure, take a break from work, enhance career development, and have fun at work. A comprehensive benefits package is offered to regular full-time and part-time employees (working 24 or more hours per week) and, in some cases, their dependents.