Senior Instructional Designer (E Learning)
This position works with a training manager to review needs assessment information to determine training goals as well as reviews and updates existing training programs using content provided by subject matter experts.
The Instructional Designer uses template oriented e-Learning software applications to update or develop online courses and creates program evaluations and tests based on course objectives.
- Assists in conducting in-depth job-task analysis and/or needs assessment to identify learning objectives, and to determine training solutions and other performance enhancement solutions (e.g. management reinforcement, rewards, role clarity, job aids, etc.)
- Consults with managers and reviews needs assessment and/or job-task analysis information to determine focus of training content, and to ensure training is focused on increasing the capability of employees to perform in their job
- Applies knowledge of instructional design theory to design course content, working with subject matter experts, management, trainers, etc.; at this level, design efforts are targeted on individual modules within larger programs or are standalone products focused on a narrow topic
- Applies knowledge of adult learning theory to identify appropriate training media and methodologies based on audience learning styles, course content, audience location, point within the learning process, etc.; training methodologies may include group lecture, role play, simulation exercises, self-study, on-the-job training, computer-based training, etc.
- Researches, selects, and modifies existing training curriculum, content, materials, job aids, etc. to meet learning needs
- Reviews program evaluations, test results, and participant and manager feedback on training effectiveness to make recommendations for program improvement
- Creates program evaluations and tools to measure program effectiveness, to assist in determining whether desired learning and performance outcomes are achieved
- Identifies needs for outside resources, and sources vendors, as appropriate
- Handles vendor management, to include coordination of resources and ensuring quality of product and service levels delivered
- 3+ Month Contract, may extend.
- Experience in developing training training materials (samples helpful - please remove any proprietary information)
- Experience with aligning training to business outcomes
- Knowledge of common e-Learning software applications required, including creating new modules – Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate Application of your knowledge of adult learning theory to identify appropriate training media and methodologies based on audience learning styles, course content, audience location, point within the learning process, etc. Training methodologies may include group lecture, role play, simulation exercises, self-study, on-the-job training, computer-based training
- Experience with various learning development frameworks, i.e ADDIE, etc.
- Project Management skills in order to take ownership of your learning project
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required Courses in learning design and adult learning theory, and reflect clear ability to translate that knowledge into developing quality training solutions
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required, in addition to 3 to 5 years of experience in developing training or supporting the development of training materials
The client does allow flexible options to work remote once established.
The company is an American diversified global insurer, and the second-largest property and casualty insurer in the United States. It ranks 76th on the Fortune 100 list of largest corporations in the United States based on 2013 revenue.
Based in Boston, Massachusetts, the company employs over 50,000 people in more than 900 locations throughout the
The company owns, wholly or in part, local insurance companies in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, China (including Hong Kong), Colombia, Ecuador, India,
The company has been certified as a 2016 Great Place to Work, by Great Place to Work US.