Our client is an e-commerce company aiming to become a leading online national tire retailer. Their goal is to build a rich customer experience platform for the end-to-end experience. Our will lead the industry in providing innovative solutions to the consumer simplifying a complex shopping cycle that integrates a national tire purchase with localized install process. Localization, social and mobile strategies are an imperative to success as this online retail market explodes.
- This position is responsible for managing tech operations for high volume consumer facing portal applications & e-commerce websites.
- This position is responsible for architecting & implementing operational reports, performance statistics of website and hardware infrastructure.
- This position is responsible for building new features and dashboard to depict the stats to team and management.
- This position interfaces with Dev team, business and product management teams.
- Collaborate effectively with Creative UX team, Product Management and Engineering to create concept development, prototypes, technology innovations and process improvements.
- Provide production support including troubleshooting issues, resolving technically complex software defects. Provide assistance in coordinating and troubleshooting with other system developers and business owners for integrated system application support.
- Build Operational reports, performance statistics of website and hardware infrastructure
- Demonstrate an understanding of web application performance, scalability, reliability & security.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, meeting different schedules and deadlines
- Participate in code reviews, ensuring compliance with development standards and best practices. Review and approve project designs for compliance with overall system architecture.
- Participate in application change management board meetings to evaluating cost/benefit of user requests, working with the board to resolve competing priorities; prepare technical design alternatives and estimates in support of approved changes.
- Comfortable working/sharing development on applications with several layers.
- Willing to work on on-call schedules
Strong proficiency is required in the following skills:
· Java Enterprise
· SQL scripting
· Experience doing project work/Production support for online retail ecommerce B2B or B2C websites
· Hybris B2B/B2C Commerce platform
· Load test, Performance and log monitoring tools
· Working knowledge of Content Delivery Networks
· Working knowledge of Bot mitigation strategies
· Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence)
· Oracle Endeca commerce search
· Apache SOLR
· Ability to work independently while collaborating with a cross-functional team
· Passionate about building relevant software
· Demonstrate exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
· Demonstrate strong computer science skills & experience
· Ability to plan, schedule, execute, and complete work in a self-directed mode from inception through to production
· Ability to interact professionally with and influence a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
· Flexible and proactive/self-motivated working style with strong personal ownership of problem resolution
· Ability to multi-task/prioritize under pressure and work independently with minimal supervision
· Team player at all times–voluntarily participates in non-required tasks, assists colleagues & others
· Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction
· Ability to understand and apply best practices and suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions