Senior Manager Engineering
Our client is at the intersection of the technology and life sciences industries. As the market leader -- they drive change into clinical trials by providing the best clinical development platform which enables our clients to further improve the accuracy and the timeliness of data collection and data analysis. This results in safer, more effective, and less costly treatments that can reach the general population sooner.
Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Manager, Engineering to lead multiple application engineering teams in the design and implementation of Coder, our medical coding product. Medical coding is a critical piece of the clinical trial process and strategy to grow to over one billion in revenue. Their employees are passionate about their mission of powering smarter treatments and healthier people because they know the difference technology can make in the space is truly world changing.
- Oversee the analysis, design, programming, debugging, and evolution of our Medical Coding solution.
- On time and within budget delivery of sustainable software solutions into a client facing environment.
- Build relationships with product management, marketing, sales, and users to enable development teams to more effectively refine system requirements and size delivery efforts.
- Grow the team through effective hiring, coaching, and development within our NYC office. Provide clear, consistent leadership, management and mentoring for direct reports and the broader technology organization. Inspire, empower and motivate the team, leading by example.
- Collaborate with executives and/or major customers to establish and communicate a technical vision for our medical coding solution.
- Consistently execute against a product road-map to deliver multiple features across Coder's portfolio of service components enabling our clients to more effectively run their clinical trials.
- Prior hands on experience with the .NET framework building full stack, enterprise systems and transforming traditional monolithic frameworks into modern SOA architectures.
- Proven leadership in driving and growing agile software development teams.
- Proven cross functional collaboration with groups like customer care, service delivery (hosting and DevOps), project management, and product management to create positive change within your project teams.
- Awareness of and experience with cloud technologies, such as AWS and Azure.
Your Education & Experience:
- Skills: management experience, production environment experience, has business clients as users, life sciences background preferred, c#, Asp.Net, WebAPI, Angular, jquery, react
- Experience required: 5 Year
- Bachelor’s degree required; or equivalent years of experience
- Experience in the software engineering discipline is required
- Five years experience as an engineering manager is required
- Experience with the Google apps suite, GitHub, Git, SQL Server, SpecFlow are desired
- Ability to work at all levels within almost all levels of a medium size organization (C-Suite to operational layers)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills