Software Design Engineer 3
Minecraft is looking for a seasoned Software Engineer to help us build out world-class engineering infrastructure. Our mission is to make it easy for our developers to iterate and deliver high quality features to our millions of players quickly.
The Systems Engineering team is responsible for the infrastructure our distributed engineering org runs on day-to-day. We build automated CI/CD pipelines targeting build, test, static analysis and telemetry for 15+ supported platforms, serving a range of game titles, services and other franchise deliverables. Everything we do integrates with cloud services such as VSTS/ADO, GitHub, AppCenter, dozens of Azure resources and more.
• Develop and maintain Azure-hosted services supporting or CI/CD pipelines.
• Architect, design and implement scalable, maintainable services across various Azure-based architectures.
• Be a strong contributor to our fast-moving 5-person Automation Pipelines team.
• Lead by example -- producing clear, tested, extensible, and maintainable code.
• Optimize, refactor and reuse code to improve performance and maintainability – ensuring maximum efficiency, effectiveness, and return on investment.
• Leverage experience with service design to identify risks and anticipate failure points in design.
• Resolve issues regardless of team boundaries, work well with the broad engineering, work independently, communicate effectively.
• 5+ years of C# software engineering experience
• 2+ years developing Web services/sites in Azure
• Demonstrated debugging and optimization skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience