Software Design Engineer in Test (SDET)
Our client is an Internet-based ecommerce company aiming to become the leading online retailer in the Tire and Wheel industry. Our goal is to build a rich customer experience platform for the end-to-end (shop, buy, install) lifecycle for consumers and other “white-label” tire consumer segments. Our client will lead the industry in providing innovative solutions to the consumer simplifying a complex shopping cycle that integrates a national tire purchase with localized install process. Localization, social and mobile strategies are an imperative to success as this online retail market explodes.
· This position is responsible for developing selenium automation scripts using JUNIT/TestNG and Selenium WebServices
· This position is responsible for developing mobile automation using tools like Appium
· This position is responsible for doing manual testing and working with project management software like JIRA.
· This position is responsible for testing APIs manually
· This position is responsible for automating API testing using open source tools like Postman
· This position might be responsible for doing performance testing using JMeter and other open source tools
· This position is responsible for doing database testing by executing SQL scripts
· This position is responsible for building automation framework to expand Cross Browsers/ Cross Devices and support Responsive Web Design ecommerce website.
· This position is collaborating with development to design, build, deploy and maintain a continuous integration platform for check-in, build verification and deployment automation (utilizing common open source tools like Jenkins, GIT, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
· This position is responsible for defining, building, deploying and maintaining performance and stress automation to be utilized in pre-production environments.
· This position is responsible for defining, building, deploying and maintaining data validation automation for daily data updates for numerous services and partners.
· This position interfaces with internal and external developer teams, designers and business users.
· Collaborate effectively with Creative UX team, Development teams, Product Management and Engineering to create concept development, prototypes, technology innovations and process improvements.
· Research and identify evolving new automation approaches, techniques and tools, technology for ecommerce sites, platforms, services and Open source stack.
· This position will demonstrate and build documentation to support the growth of future SDETS.
· Assisted in Release Planning and validation release quality.
· Supporting serious production issues by re-utilizing or creating new automation for coverage.
Possible CTH positon
· Ability to work independently while collaborating with a cross-functional team.
· Passionate about building relevant software.
· Demonstrate exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrate strong computer science skills, QA & experience.
· Ability to plan, schedule, execute, and complete work in a self-directed mode from inception through to production.
· Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, meeting different schedules and deadlines.
· Ability to understand and apply best practices.
· Comfortable working/sharing development on applications with several layers.
· Participate in writing detailed level technical and functional specifications documentation.
Success Factors/Key Metrics:
· Successful implementation of a sustainable continuous integration platform which proves shortening development time while maintaining/improving quality.
· Proving Site performance, page load times, and page weight & element counts implemented with designed solution all meet standards set by our clients teams on as needed basis.
· Bringing new automation approaches, techniques and tools to the QA team on a quarterly basis.
Key Partners (Positions):
· Director, Customer Experience - Partnering to develop interaction & visual design to optimize customer flow for new products.
· Director of Technology & Operations – to ensure process of work in is line with other developers and overall timelines met with release calendar
· Technical Team Members – Sr UI Managers, Developers, Technical Architects and Technical Analysts, QA team and Ecommerce & Telesales Business Owners
· Web Designers – ensure creative execution is brought to life with input from coding best practices
· User Experience Architects – optimizing user flows and design for online user experience
· Manager, Business Intelligence – tagging components of new Product solutions for accurate measurement of benefits realized & customer behavior.
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits. The Company maintains a two-tiered group health plan that covers all employees with healthcare, dental and vision coverage.
Employees that participate in the Company’s wellness program are eligible for free health care coverage.
A 401(k) plan is offered to all employees after one year of service.
Also covered for employees is short-term disability and life insurance coverage, additional coverage for both long-term disability and life insurance is available for purchase.
Employees are eligible for employee purchases of company inventory at a discount – tires, wheels, etc... Vacation and sick days are accumulated based on tenure for each calendar year.