Our client is looking for experienced and talented UI-UX designer to design and shape unique, user-centric products and experiences. The ideal candidate will have experience working in agile teams with developers. You will be able to make deliberate design decisions and to translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction.
Our client is a leading enterprise Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) company, covering both on-premise and SaaS-based solutions. Their applications have revolutionized the ways that customers manage teams, projects, and portfolios, allowing customers around the world to transform their mid-office business operations.
Whether it is implementing the next cutting-edge feature for their customers or implementing a better solution for scalability; they are a committed Agile shop and believe that goal-oriented, self-motivated, empowered teams can do extraordinary work.
You are an experienced and talented “full-stack” UX designer, with the ability to understand user needs and design streamlined, beautiful interactions to improve workflow and usability. You’ve used Material design and have experience with enterprise web applications. You know how to create, use, and improve wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and red-lined comps to effectively communicate and iterate on your ideas for solving complex user problems. You enjoy and value diverse and social teams, appreciate that we are more than the sum of our parts, and are open to solving a wide range of challenges head-on in an Agile culture. At the end of the day, you are excited about delivering business value to customers.
About the Job
We rely on every team member to help us push the envelope on some challenging initiatives. As part of a small, vertically oriented Agile team, you’ll be a key contributor to solving a broad range of product challenges involving interaction design and information architecture. In an interactive and highly collaborative environment, you’ll work daily with a product manager, a technical writer, engineering leadership, and the engineers implementing your ideas. The team’s primary goal is to improve the experience for our core group of users, so the centerpiece of this effort is UX within our Material guidelines.
Integrity: Be honest with your estimates. We’re professionals who believe in communicating and driving to meet realistic estimates. Take risks, but also take responsibility. Technology doesn’t stand still, neither should we. We take calculated risks and work hard to make them succeed.
Passion: Leave it better than you found it. We take pride in our craft and are always pragmatically chiseling out cleaner, simpler, and faster implementations in our code base. Be so good they can’t ignore you. We believe “the highest good” for Changepoint and our engineers intersects at mastery.
Teamwork: Individuals and interactions over processes and tools. We know that frequent, clear, and host communication across silos is key to rapidly delivering business value. Commitment to the team and its goals. We believe that a team is greater than the sum of its parts when every team member is committed to the team’s goals.
Respect: Equally respect all team members and roles. We believe the best teams respect other’s contributions and points of view as teams engaged in positive conflict are more productive.Engage with team members in a way that results in healthy, positive, meaningful outcomes. As engineers we know everything sits somewhere on the gradient of acceptability, but we also know we need to stay positive and celebrate our successes.
- 3-5 years of experience and proven track record.
- Strong portfolio to be presented and defended during an interview.
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Experience using tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator,
- Creative ideas with a problem-solving mindset.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process.
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it.
- Must have experience with Material design (https://material.io)
- Must have UX with an understanding of information architecture and optimizing user workflows.
- Please submit examples of your portfolio showing usage of the material patterns along with your resume and application
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401(k) with company contribution
- Free access to building’s gym
- Company-provided ORCA transportation pass
- Regular hackdays
- Puget Sound and Olympics views from every (adjustable-height) desk
- Small, tight-knit organization with an emphasis on work-life balance