The Creative Director role is key to maintaining the balance between vision and implementation: helping to shepherd clients to the best possible outcome when dealing with cutting edge technology and novel workflows, while helping to define what it means to create best-in-class holograms for a wide variety of consumption devices.
Your job will be to work with clients starting with first engagement, through pre-production, on-set, and through post-production and delivery.
You will be responsible for developing engaging collateral for our clients that serves to elevate holographic video as the evolution of cinematic storytelling only possible with Mixed Reality.
You’ll work collaboratively with creative, engineering, and business stakeholders across the studio and partner organizations to inspire, drive, and support amazing visuals through all stages of production.
- Portfolio or reel of previous work that displays an ability to drive concepts to execution as an art director, creative director, animation/vfx supervisor
- Credits on 5+ film or game productions
- 4+ years of on-set supervision experience for film/video/vfx shoots
- Examples of experience integrating new technologies into consumer experiences
- Demonstrable understanding of composition, light and color with strong attention to detail
- A thorough understanding of CG & 2D principles, pipelines, and relative toolsets
- Ideally 4+ years of experience as a creative director, vfx supervisor or similar role
- Proficiency in one or more of the following Maya/Houdini/Zbrush/Nuke
- Proficiency with After Effects/Premiere or other video editing software
- Proficiency with audio production
- Theater work experience
Our team is located in the heart of San Francisco, and we power the technology behind holographic video and the Mixed Reality Capture Studio. With your help we’ll bring holograms of dynamic people and performances to augmented reality, virtual reality, and even 2D screens. Our team’s technology is a critical component of Microsoft’s vision for the future of Mixed Reality experiences, and unlocks the potential to tell human stories in ways we have not yet dreamed.