Lead DevOps Engineer (Development & Operations)
With offices in Seattle and San Francisco, our client is a venture-backed, high-growth cyber security startup offering a unique and sophisticated set of defenses for individuals and families.
They are a close-knit, diverse team that appreciates diverse perspectives and authenticity, rewards creativity and adaptiveness, and strives to empower both our employees and our clients. We are looking for another smart, passionate, and driven candidate to join our team in either Seattle or San Francisco.
In this role, you will
- Work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems.
- Help automate and streamline our operations and processes.
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test, and production environments.
- Ensure security and availability of production resources
- Develop and update system documentation to ensure high levels of infrastructure supportability
- Have a hand in scaling out our infrastructure – take a data-driven approach to review current infrastructure and scaling plans, focus resources on addressing bottlenecks in the way of significant, long-term growth
- Support of our development, test, and production environments via investigation & resolution of performance and functional issues with our service stack as well as upstream/downstream systems
- Participate in planning delivery time, code quality, and process efficiency improvement projects
- Be resourceful. Must be comfortable writing your own tools if nothing else exists
- 5+ years professional DevOps or similar experience
- 3+ years practical scripting and/or development experience
- 1+ years experience leading technical teams
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Demonstrable experience with SQL including replication and monitoring
- Experience with continuous delivery pipeline tools such as Jenkins
- Familiar with monitoring and management tools is a big plus, such as Zabbix and Grafana, as well as the underlying technologies such as ICMP
- Experience writing packages; both deb and rpm preferred
- Some experience configuring public or internal DNS.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Comfortable leading and following through on cross-department configuration changes and standardization
- Must be a US Citizen or permanent legal status with authorization to work in the US
Full benefits for employee and family, 100% premium paid by company
Our client is an equal opportunity employer workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regards to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, veteran status or any other protected status.