You are a software architect with years of experience in enterprise software engineering. You know all the databases, all the API philosophies, all the cloud services (especially AWS), and you live to design systems for performance, testability, scalability, and availability. You believe architects should have their hands in code, from the proofing-out of design concepts to the implementation and delivery of shared horizontal tools and frameworks. You know that simplicity and visibility are inversely proportional to business risk, and while you encourage calculated risk-taking, you’re careful to calculate risk. You’re creative and innovative, and your passion and communication skills inspire others in the organization to align with your vision and accept your collaborative guidance. At the end of the day, you are excited about delivering business value to customers.
About the Job
About the Engineering Team
Our client's engineering team in Seattle owns the Daptiv PPM, a cloud-based SaaS product for enterprises managing project portfolios. Whether it is implementing the next cutting-edge feature for our customers or implementing a better solution for scalability, there are a ton of interesting challenges our team solves every day. We are a committed Agile shop and believe that goal-oriented, self-motivated, empowered teams can do extraordinary work.
Integrity: Be honest with your estimates. We’re professionals who believe in communicating and driving to meet realistic estimates. Take risks, but also take responsibility. Technology doesn’t stand still, neither should we. We take calculated risks and work hard to make them succeed.
Passion: Leave it better than you found it. We take pride in our craft and are always pragmatically chiseling out cleaner, simpler, and faster implementations in our code base. Be so good they can’t ignore you. We believe “the highest good” for Changepoint and our engineers intersects at mastery.
Teamwork: Individuals and interactions over processes and tools. We know that frequent, clear, and host communication across silos is key to rapidly delivering business value. Commitment to the team and its goals. We believe that a team is greater than the sum of its parts when every team member is committed to the team’s goals.
Respect: Equally respect all team members and roles. We believe the best teams respect other’s contributions and points of view as teams engaged in positive conflict are more productive. Engage with team members in a way that results in healthy, positive, meaningful outcomes. As engineers we know everything sits somewhere on the gradient of acceptability, but we also know we need to stay positive and celebrate our successes.
- At least 2 years’ experience leading architecture design for software development teams and 8+ years in enterprise software development
- Demonstrated ability to analyze the performance, scalability and availability impact of design
- Experience designing for public cloud infrastructure
- Experience designing with both SQL and NoSQL data stores
- Expert in REST architecture
- Delivery of sound and complete architecture concepts
- Driving of platform and user experience consistency of all product deliverables
- Alignment with product and engineering standards
- Driving simplicity of architecture across all lines of product
- Architecture review and risk assessments
- Definition and communication of architectural vision, roadmap, assumptions and guidance
- Documentation of architecture
- Drive prototyping and proof-of-concept development activities
- Innovate product architecture while maintaining integrity of existing products and observing maintenance constraints
- Encourage innovation, risk-taking and creativity
- Drive discussions around product content, working closely with Product Management to define product strategy and roadmap
- Play a key role in setting the technical direction for the overall product architecture as well as mentoring internal engineering teams
- Have major impact across the entire landscape of a global, commercial software product
- Take time to work on open-source code
- Enjoy developer freedom
- Work with others who are regarded as the best at what they do
- Have a great work-life balance and fun environment
- Feel appreciated
- We’re proud to pay competitively and we offer a comprehensive benefits package
- Free access to building’s gym
- Company-provided ORCA transportation pass; office is 1 block from train station and 4 blocks from ferry terminal
- Puget Sound and Olympics views from every (adjustable-height) desk