Associate Bilingual (Japanese/English) Interpreter (Part Time 20-30hrs)
Associate Bilingual (Japanese/English) Interpreter (Part Time)
A worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names.
- Responsible for listening to, understanding, and interpreting two-way spoken communication between Japanese and English.
- Facilitate communication by converting concepts in the source language to equivalent concepts in the target language.
- Perform consecutive or whispered interpretation for video conferences, phone conversations, and in-person meetings.
- Assimilate speakers’ words quickly, including technical jargon and acronyms.
- Take notes while listening to source content to aid memory and interpretation of all information.
- Maintain a high level of concentration on spoken content for extended periods of time.
- Render spoken messages accurately, quickly, and clearly.
- Accurately convey the style and tone of the source language in the target language.
- Translates written Japanese or English content as needed.
SUMMARY OR REQUIREMENTS
- Fluent speaker of both Japanese and English.
- Able to speak, read, and write in Japanese and English.
- Able to assimilate words quickly, analyze sentences and relay information.
- Be versatile and able to switch interpreting directions based on spoken content.
- Excellent memory; can concentrate on the spoken content while others are speaking or moving near the interpreter.
- Be culturally sensitive and able to use the appropriate level of deference/politeness based on the situation and audience.
- Familiarity with games and systems is desired.
- Familiarity with software development processes is preferred.