Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test (Automation)
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining test automation, for an ecommerce website and related key services. We are looking for candidates with 3- 5 years of experience.
(**Interviews for this position to start mid September**)
- Lead test automation efforts towards implementing an automation test framework to monitor and ensure system reliability, job completion, data integrity and correctness.
- Define automated test criteria to determine which functionality should be automated, and develop automated tests as required
- This position is responsible for developing selenium automation scripts using JUNIT/TestNG.
- This position is responsible for automating API testing using open source tools like Postman
- This position is responsible for doing performance testing using JMeter and other open source tools
- This position is responsible for doing database testing by executing SQL scripts
- This position is responsible for building automation framework to expand Cross Browsers/ Cross Devices and support Responsive Web Design ecommerce website.
- This position is collaborating with development to design, build, deploy and maintain a continuous integration platform for check-in, build verification and deployment automation (utilizing common open source tools like Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- This position is responsible for defining, building, deploying and maintaining automated performance and stress automation to be utilized in pre-production environments.
- This position is responsible for defining, building, deploying and maintaining data validation automation for daily data updates for numerous services and partners.
- This position interfaces with internal and external developer teams, designers and business users.
- Collaborate effectively with Creative UX team, Development teams, Product Management and Engineering to create concept development, prototypes, technology innovations and process improvements.
- Research and identify evolving new automation approaches, techniques and tools, technology for ecommerce sites, platforms, services and Open source stack.
- This position will demonstrate and build documentation to support the growth of future SDETS.
- Assisted in Release Planning and validation release quality.
- Supporting serious production issues by re-utilizing or creating new automation for coverage.
- Knowledge of Unit Test with code coverage would be beneficial
- Ability to work independently while collaborating with a cross-functional team.
- Passionate about building relevant software.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate strong computer science skills, QA & experience.
- Ability to plan, schedule, execute, and complete work in a self-directed mode from inception through to production.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, meeting different schedules and deadlines.
- Ability to understand and apply best practices.
- Comfortable working/sharing development on applications with several layers.
- Participate in writing detailed level technical and functional specifications documentation.
Success Factors/Key Metrics:
- Successful implementation of a sustainable continuous integration platform which proves shortening development time while maintaining/improving quality.
- Proving Site performance, page load times, and page weight & element counts implemented with designed solution all meet standards set by technical teams on as needed basis.
- Bringing new automation approaches, techniques and tools to the QA team on a quarterly basis.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Strong technical ability, excellent organizational skills, great communication skills, and motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- 2+ years of relevant SQL work experience in a professional setting
- Strong hands on experience developing software tests for functional, performance, and regression testing
- Good understanding of QA methodology – test plans, test cycles, and software release
- 3+ years of software development and testing experience, in at least one of Java, C/C++, C#, Python, Ruby
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Experience in testing high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems is a plus.