Software Development Engineer (SDET)
**Must be located in WA STATE**
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining test automation, for an ecommerce website and related key services.
- This position is responsible to build enterprise level test automation scripts for Desktop and mobile for automation coverage using tools like Selenium, Selenium Web Driver, Appium and others available in market place.
- This position is responsible for doing API testing using tools like postman
- This position is also responsible for writing manual test cases and executing the manual test cases
- This position is responsible for building automation framework to expand Cross Browsers/ Cross Devices and support Responsive Web Design ecommerce website.
- This position is collaborating with development to design, build, deploy and maintain a continuous integration platform for check-in, build verification and deployment automation (utilizing common open source tools like Jenkins, Git, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- This position is responsible for defining, building, deploying and maintaining performance and stress automation to be utilized in pre-production environments.
- This position is responsible for defining, building, deploying and maintaining data validation automation for daily data updates for numerous services and partners.
- This position is responsible for defining, deploying and maintaining security and threat model testing coverage.
- This position interfaces with internal and external developer teams, designers and business users.
- Collaborate effectively with Creative UX team, Development teams, Product Management and Engineering to create concept development, prototypes, technology innovations and process improvements.
- Research and identify evolving new automation approaches, techniques and tools, technology for ecommerce sites, platforms, services and Open source stack.
- This position will demonstrate and build documentation to support the growth of future SDETS.
- Assisted in Release Planning and validation release quality.
- Supporting serious production issues by re-utilizing or creating new automation for coverage.
- Ability to work independently while collaborating with a cross-functional team.
- Passionate about building relevant software.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate strong computer science skills, QA & experience.
- Ability to plan, schedule, execute, and complete work in a self-directed mode from inception through to production.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, meeting different schedules and deadlines.
- Ability to understand and apply best practices.
- Comfortable working/sharing development on applications with several layers.
- Participate in writing detailed level technical and functional specifications documentation.
Success Factors/Key Metrics:
- Successful implementation of a sustainable continuous integration platform which proves shortening development time while maintaining/improving quality.
- Proving Site performance, page load times, and page weight & element counts implemented with designed solution all meet standards set by company technical teams on as needed basis.
- Bringing new automation approaches, techniques and tools to the QA team on a quarterly basis.
Key Partners (Positions):
- Director, Customer Experience - Partnering to develop interaction & visual design to optimize customer flow for new products.
- Director of Technology & Operations – to ensure process of work in is line with other developers and overall timelines met with release calendar
- Technical Team Members – Sr UI Managers, Developers, Technical Architects and Technical Analysts, QA team and Ecommerce & Telesales Business Owners
- Web Designers – ensure creative execution is brought to life with input from coding best practices
- User Experience Architects – optimizing user flows and design for online user experience
- Manager, Business Intelligence – tagging components of new Product solutions for accurate measurement of benefits realized & customer behavior.
- We are looking for candidates with 3 to 7 years of experience
- Candidate should be able to write desktop automation scripts using Selenium Webdriver and Java
- Candidate should be able to write mobile automation scripts using Appium (this is not mandatory but highly preferable)
- Candidate should be able to do API testing using tools like postman
- Candidate should be able to write manual test cases based on the requirements
- Candidate should be able to execute the manual test cases for each release
- Experience with ecommerce websites testing
- Experience with mobile applications testing.
- Candidate should be able to write and execute SQL scripts
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person.
A competitive salary and benefits. The Company maintains a two-tiered group health plan that covers all employees with healthcare, dental and vision coverage. Employees that participate in the Company’s wellness program are eligible for free health care coverage. A 401(k) plan is offered to all employees after one year of service. Also covered for employees is short-term disability and life insurance coverage, additional coverage for both long-term disability and life insurance is available for purchase. Employees are eligible for employee purchases of company inventory at a discount – tires, wheels, etc... Vacation and sick days are accumulated based on tenure for each calendar year.
EEO/Drug Free Workplace