Principal Software Development Engineer
*****MUST BE LOCATED IN SEATTLE, WA*****
Our client continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. Headquarted in Silicon Valley with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research and Business Innovation. Offices in Redford, Michigan, the focus is on powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the E-Mobility Group helps to shape the future of the North American market for hydrogen fuel cell and battery electric vehicles. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They\rquote re inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
MUST BE LOCATED IN SEATTLE, WA.
This position is responsible for building automated test harnesses and cases. The candidate will apply proven analytical, problem-solving and quality assurance/testing skills to enhance and validate the quality of the cloud-based software solutions we are building in Seattle. The environments you will be testing are part of our movement to a hybrid/cloud architecture. At times, you will be required to test the front-end of the software via test benches or high end vehicles. We are a geo-diverse team, developing infrastructure platforms to ensure operational stability of software and hardware platforms. Our QA team will live up to the slogan of “The Best or Nothing.”
- Design, develop, and extend test architecture and frameworks that facilitate unattended validation of delivered products, services, and interfaces
- Design, develop, and extend automated collection and reporting of software quality metrics
- Articulate and advocate for best-of-class design, development, and testing practices that enable automated validation at all levels of the product’s architecture
- Enable and collaborate with the QA staff to increase automated test coverage through enabling code frameworks and tools, training, and paired programming
- Work effectively with developers, management and team members to clarify needs and testing requirements of major product changes, future versions and new products
- Provide responsive support to escalated customer issues
- Ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision in a results-oriented, fast-paced dynamic environment
- BS degree or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with Microservices and Restful API design and testing
- Experience with Kubernetes, Azure/AWS/IBMCloud/Oracle Cloud
- Experience with Java, Eclipse/IntelliJ/Visual Studio Code and some database managing application, preferably MongoDb
- Experience with API testing tools such as SOAPUI/ReadyAPI!, Postman, or vREST
- Experience with unit testing frameworks and tools such as JUnit, Mocha, Mockito
- Professional experience with Automotive infotainment development and testing
- Experience defining and automating software quality metrics
- Experience integrating tests with Selenium Webdriver
- Experience with load and scalability tools such as JMeter, BlazeMeter, SilkPerformer, or LoadRunner and with security testing tools such as NetSparker
Right in the middle of the city of Seattle. Spectacular views of the water, ferris wheel and nature right all around the office.