Multicultural Account Supervisor
Our Seattle client needs a motivated, highly organized and business savvy MC Account Supervisor who can jump right in to lead communications initiatives for large-scale clients and assist our current director in growing the agency’s multicultural department.
This person must be energetic and detail-oriented with a proven track record of successfully managing client relationships, implementing and creating dynamic and integrated multicultural communication campaigns.
The Account Supervisor will be an enthusiastic marketing/communications executive with 7 years of relevant experience. The main responsibilities of the position are to manage all aspects of assigned MC accounts, share in the day-to-day management of the MC team with the MC team Director including: day-to-day running of accounts, serving as a point of contact for a variety of clients multicultural strategy and multicultural creative projects.
The MC Account Supervisor’s duties include (not limited to):
· Growing the current revenue and the accounts within the MC practice
· Overseeing MC team workflow
· Sharing the day-to-day of the MC team members, strategy and accounts
· Working with clients and managers to plan, launch, execute and evaluate multicultural, total market and cross-cultural communications campaigns that include content, community based social marketing, media pitching and social media
· Working with clients and internal account teams to meet client deadlines
o Account/client management
o Managing creative projects (e.g., branding, collateral materials, videos, ads)
o Creating and managing budgets
o Creating high level reports
· Working with and managing cross-functional teams, including sub-contractors
· Coordinating cross-office collaboration between Seattle, Portland and Boston offices.
The successful candidate will have:
- A four-year college degree
- Highly organized (you’ve got to have mad project management chops!!)
- Ability and love of multi-tasking
- Experience creating and executing multicultural campaigns in an agency setting
- Native fluency in Spanish and English required
- Experience producing a variety of multicultural campaigns – including translation/ transcreation, advertising, branded content, research
- Ability to problem solve and think of solutions “on the fly”
- Ability to work in a rapidly moving environment with several projects happening at once
- Understanding of multicultural, total market and cross-cultural best practices
- Demonstrated writing skills (yes, we give a writing test)
- Strong skills in relationship building, mentoring and new business pitching.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with social marketing campaigns – behavior change campaigns
- Knowledge of community organizations (prior work experience with community organizations is a strong plus)
- Flexibility, patience and a sense of humor