Senior IT Systems Engineer
Senior IT Systems Engineer to provide first class networking, server and Tier 3 support to our business. We are a Microsoft, Google, Dell, Apple, and VMware shop, as well as compliant with security regulatory standards, such as ISO27001:2013 and Cloud Security Alliance CSA-STAR. This role will plan, implement, maintain, and administer back office infrastructure systems for single- and multi-site environments. Excellent troubleshooting skills and deep experience with AWS/Azure cloud, Office 365, Google Apps, virtualization, active directory/group policy, security administration, and network applications required. Familiarity with remote administration tools necessary. Hands-on, deep technical expertise for multi-site server environments.
Experience and Skillset:
- Virtualization (VMware and Hyper-V)
- Microsoft Windows Server System stack (Current Server OS, Exchange, SQL current, SharePoint, RDS)
- Azure, AWS, Office 365, Google App deployment, management, networking
- Cloud-based Storage management
- Solid understanding of networking technologies for single site and multi-site environments (VPN, DNS/DHCP, firewalls, layer2/3 switches, network monitoring, Cisco)
- Systems management and remote administration tools
- Business application deployment and support
- Be a self-starter, dependable, and accurate in completing responsibilities with strong attention to detail and organization. Be able to multi-task effectively and handle randomization.
- Ability to maintain effective communication and working relationships with co-workers, manager and employees.
- Able to work as part of a team, as well as independently and with people of diverse skillsets.
- Possess good judgment, ability to accept responsibility and handle confidential information. Good at problem solving, research, and decision-making. Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Execute IT deployment projects working closely with the IT team. Manage project expectations. Deliver on time and on budget
- Provide systems, network, cloud-services, and server support
- Develop and deploy useful tools and scripts to facilitate ease of maintenance and administration
- Ensure security, availability, and performance of network infrastructures through dedicated maintenance procedures
- Solve T2/3 user problems in a timely, efficient and friendly way. Document the solutions
- Analyze and defeat bugs through proactive troubleshooting and problem solving
- Research and recommend new technologies to improve our business operations
Additional responsibilities will include day-to-day administration of cloud services, applications, and network equipment located at both local and remote locations. This includes performing maintenance, troubleshooting of network problems, resolving escalated technical requests, and collaborating with other IT personnel on departmental projects. This person will be a key part of infrastructure project design and implementation and partner with internal and external groups and vendors