Java/ Unix/ Linux/ Dev Ops Engineer
- This position is responsible for managing tech operations for high volume consumer facing portal applications & e-commerce websites.
- Responsibilities include architecting & implementing operational reports, performance statistics of website and hardware infrastructure.
- Building new features and dashboard to depict the stats to team and management.
- Position interfaces with Dev team, business and product management teams.
- Collaborate effectively with Creative UX team, Product Management and Engineering to create concept development, prototypes, technology innovations and process improvements.
- Provide production support including troubleshooting issues, resolving technically complex software defects. Help in coordinating and troubleshooting with other system developers and business owners for integrated system application support.
- Build Operational reports, performance statistics of website and hardware infrastructure
- Demonstrate an understanding of web application performance, scalability, reliability & security.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, meeting different schedules and deadlines
- Participate in code reviews, ensuring compliance with development standards and best practices. Review and approve project designs for compliance with overall system architecture.
- Participate in application change management board meetings to evaluating cost/benefit of user requests, working with the board to resolve competing priorities; prepare technical design alternatives and estimates in support of approved changes.
- Comfortable working/sharing development on applications with several layers.
- Willing to work on on-call schedules
- Java Enterprise
- SQL scripting
- UNIX/LINUX scripting
- Source control (Git, CVS, Subversion etc.)
- Experience doing project work/Production support for online retail ecommerce B2B or B2C websites
- Hybris B2B/B2C Commerce platform
- Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence)
- Oracle Endeca commerce search
- Apache SOLR
- Working knowledge of Performance monitoring and Log monitoring tools
Contract to Hire